Quick Exit

What to do if you are worried about a child

Concerned about an Adult Working with Children

Concerns about staff working with children

If you have a concern about a member of staff working with children (in either a paid or voluntary capacity) please contact the Local Area Designated Officer (LADO) on 01635 503153 or LADO@westberks.gov.uk 

What is a LADO?

The LADO gives advice and guidance to employers and others who are concerned about an adult who works with children including volunteers and agency staff. The concerns may include:

  • Behaved in a way that has harmed or may have harmed a child
  • Possibly committed a criminal offence against children or related to a child
  • Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates she/he may pose a risk of harm to children

Allegations Management Flowchart - Allegations Management Flowchart

Other contacts:

You can call West Berkshire Children Services Contact Advice Assessment Service (CAAS): on 01635 503090. They will listen to your concerns and decide on the appropriate course of action.

You can contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (free service, lines open 24 hours a day). They will listen to your concerns, offer advice and support and can take action on your behalf if a child is in danger. You can also report concerns anonymously. For further information or to report your concerns online visit: nspcc.org.uk/what-you-can-do/report-abuse/


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article